100% Authentic
Tested by Blog4Bloggers for you

Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Does Link Love causes Spam Blogging
Recently I have started seeing an image verification option whenever I tries to publish a new post here on blogger.com. In the starting I thought it to be some sort of new feature and never bothered to check it (frankly I don't feel comfortable clicking anywhere just before publishing a post). But day by day it was getting really annoying to enter all those letters so I decided to checkout.
click image to enlarge

To my surprise I found out that it was not any feature but a check to control spam blogging. But what's spam blogging? According to blogger.com

As with many powerful tools, blogging services can be both used and abused. The ease of creating and updating webpages with Blogger has made it particularly prone to a form of behavior known as link spamming. Blogs engaged in this behavior are called spam blogs, and can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site.

click image to enlarge

But from when have Link Love become "link spamming"? Or is it something else that I am missing. Anyway I have filled a small form and now waiting for the blogger.com's reply.

Related post
"Link Leak Virus" - Problogger's gift to blogosphere
 
posted by RM at 10:27 AM | Permalink |
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.