100% Authentic
Tested by Blog4Bloggers for you

Saturday, May 20, 2006
Google Adsense behaving strangely
Today I noticed something strange on this blog. Google is not showing any ads on it. Its not that I make a living out of google adsense revenue but not displaying any ads for no reason is a matter of concern and so I decided to do little investigation on my own.

After checking each and every post one by one I zeroed on this post. Its highly unlikely that Google is not displaying ads because of some banned words because I can see ads on this post.

This is what I did to correct the problem:
  • I tried to see if there is any problem with my browser (firefox), so checked with IE and even with Digital point's Sandbox tool, but still couldn't see any ads on my blog.
  • I tired removing all negative words , nothing happened, still same blank space.
  • I tired to remove whole text, still nothing happened.
  • I even wrote couple of keywords just in case google doesn't displays ads on blank pages.
  • Finally I posted my problem on Digital Point Forum.
This post is causing lot of problem to my main page and if this issue is not solved soon then I have no option other then to delete this post.

updates: I have mailed to google adsense team and explained this problem. I believe they are going to reply me back in next 48 hours (and hopefully with a solution). In the mean time I am trying to do modification to template so that the problematic post's effect can be neutralized.

updates 2: Temporary solution: Since the problem was with one post so I thought that if the blog homepage could be redirected automatically to the latest post then my work would be done.

So after searching the net for couple of hours I found this small blogger template trick which did the work.
ps: Google Blogger search doesn't seems to work as efficiently as google search even for blogspot.

final updates: Today after I got reply from Adsense team, I must give it to the team for being so fast and prompt, I expect around 2 complete days for them to reply back but they beat my guess by full 5 hours (and to top that I mailed them on sunday!).

Anyway here what say wrote back:


Hello Jack,

Thank you for your email. When I reviewed
http://blog4bloggers.blogspot.com, I noticed that targeted Google ads were
appearing on your site. However, if you're still having trouble viewing
the Google ads on your computer, there are a couple steps I'd recommend
taking:

1) Please try clearing your browser cache and deleting your cookies before
trying to access your site again.

For more information, please see
https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=23767
https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=35730

2) Please also make sure that JavaScript is enabled and any ad blocking
software is disabled. For more information, please see
https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=10036.

If you're still unable to view the Google ads after following steps 1 and
2 above, please reply to this email with a detailed description of the
problem and I'll be happy to investigate further. Specifically, could you
please provide responses to these questions?

- Can you send me a screenshot showing this problem?
- What browser version are you using?
- What operating system version are you running?
- What is the exact URL that is causing you trouble?

We appreciate your cooperation.

For additional questions, we encourage you to visit the AdSense Help
Center (http://www.google.com/adsense_help), our complete resource center
for all AdSense topics. Alternatively, feel free to post your question on
the forum just for AdSense publishers: the AdSense Help Group
(http://groups.google.com/group/adsense-help).

Sincerely,

Abc
The Google AdSense Team


With the help of small trick I was able to correct the problem temporarily, maybe the team just checked the homepage (as they still asked me to send the exact URL) but still I checked the URL in question and found it to be working properly, maybe google takes some time to make changes (initially it had some words like w a r and b o m b that I deleted later). Well I must say I am satisfied with Adsense team's reply and I would advise you all to be careful when using such words in your news articles.
 
posted by RM at 7:16 AM | Permalink |
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.